Search This Blog

Ten Fashion Quotes by Giorgio Armani


I was an observer. I liked to listen rather than openly express myself. This trait is something that I've retained over the years. 

Why do I put myself in a position to be cast aside or not considered as I would like to? Because I am a creative mind, because I still aspire to be one.

There are so many things to take into account - your ambition, your ego, the press, the consumers. You can never be sure that you'll be on top of the pile again. 

I design for real people. I think of our customers all the time. There is no virtue whatsoever in creating clothing or accessories that are not practical. 


China approaches fashion with strong enthusiasm. And I believe that this enthusiasm can be translated into something interesting, economically speaking. Not only for my brand, but also for other brands. 

Actually I am very glad that people can buy Armani - even if it's a fake. I like the fact that I'm so popular around the world. 

It is difficult to talk about fashion in the abstract, without a human body before my eyes, without drawings, without a choice of fabric - without a practical or visual reality. 

I believe that my clothes can give people a better image of themselves - that it can increase their feelings of confidence and happiness.

Never in my wildest dreams did I entertain the idea that I would become a fashion designer. 

In practice, I've had a presence in China since 1998 with my commercial spaces and shops.